Healthcare >> Dental Radiography
« back to courses page
Practicing dental assistants will learn the basic principles and techniques of digital intraoral and panoramic radiography as they expose and evaluate radiographic images during laboratory sessions. This intensive two-week course educates dental assistants in the basic fundamentals of dental radiography. Successful course completion satisfies the Rhode Island Department of Health requirement for exposure of radiographs in the dental office setting.
1. A minimum of six months of full-time chairside dental assisting experience is required. Participants must submit written proof of experience from employer at the start of the first lab.
2. Students must recruit a patient for a full mouth series competency and are required to complete online coursework and attend all laboratory sessions. Students will be awarded with a certificate upon successful completion of all course requirements.
1. Online registration is paid by credit card ONLY.
2. Registration Deadline: August 4, 2020
3. Purchase textbook: Dental Radiography Principles and Techniques” by Iannucci and Howerton, ed.5. Elsevier, 2017. ISBN: 978-0-323-29742-4.
Please contact Sarah Luther with any questions
Please click on the course title to see the full course description.
If you have questions, please provide us with the course title and number when emailing or calling.
Office Contact Us
- No classes found.