Teacher Assistant classes are currently being offered online. Student will need to have internet access and g-mail address to be able to access Google Classroom and ZOOM/Google meets video conferencing in order to take this class.
This program provides training for anyone interested in being employed as a full-time, part-time, or substitute teacher assistant. Topics are consistent with state standards and include: roles and responsibilities of the teacher assistant, human development, diversity, special education, basic rights, school health and safety, the instructional process, school laws, computer and technology skills, positive classroom climate, and team-building. A certificate recognized by RIDE is awarded upon successful completion of all classes, assignments, job shadowing, and the final exam.
1. Online registration is paid by credit card ONLY.
2. Cash, check or money order walk-in registrations will be accepted in our office locations.
4. Funding Available: WIOA Approved
5. Although this is a noncredit training program, one credit is transferable to CCRI's Human Services programs.
6. The RI Department of Education does not certify individual teacher assistants but sets minimum qualifications that school districts must follow in hiring TAs. Applicants should always check with the district(s) where they want to apply to learn about their specific employment requirements through RIDE Become a Teacher Assistant.
Please click on the course title below to see the full course description.
Students must provide a minimum 48-hour notice prior to the start of a course in order to be eligible for a refund. Without proper notice or documented medical excuse, students will be required to re-register and pay full price. No partial refunds of tuition are made under any circumstances. Books and materials may be non-refundable depending on the course. The registration fee is non-refundable unless the course is full or has been canceled by Workforce Partnerships. If a student requests a refund but has a balance due with the college, the money owed will be deducted from the refund.
If you have questions, please provide us with the course title and number when emailing or calling.
Office Contact Us