Transportation >> Driver Education
« back to courses page
This program is designed for high school students, ages 15 years and 10 months through 19 years. Successful completion of this course earns a certificate that students may present to the DMV for a Drivers Permit. Courses are offered at most high schools, CCRI's four campus locations, and various locations throughout the state.
1. Online registration is paid by credit card ONLY.
2. Cash, check or money order walk-in registrations will be accepted in Warwick, Lincoln and Providence ONLY. There is no Driver’s Ed registration in Newport.
3. For classes that begin prior to April 30, 2020, return to www.ccri.edu/workforce/transportation/DriverEd
4. State law requires that participant must be a minimum age of 15 years, 10 months by the first class. Participants can register earlier but must be the required age by the first day of class, NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. Proof of age must be submitted on the first day of class (a copy of your birth certificate, passport, or baptismal record). No refunds will be given if a student is younger than 15 years, 10 months on the first day.
6. Students who enroll in driver’s education classes must purchase their own copy of the textbook, “How to Drive: Making Driver Education Fun and Easy!” 15th edition prior to their first class meeting. The book costs $21.95 and will be available in the Warwick, Lincoln and Providence bookstores and online for an additional shipping cost.
7. For class refunds, students must cancel at least 48 hours before first class. No refunds or credits will be given if cancellation is less than 48 hours before start.
8. If a student misses the first class, the student will be dropped from the class and must register and pay for another class.
IMPORTANT: Individuals who require accommodations in a Drivers Ed course should contact Carla Assalone, firstname.lastname@example.org at least 40 days prior to the course start date. Please include your name, phone number, and best time to call in the e-mail.
Please click on the course title to see the full course description.
If you have questions, please provide us with the course title and number when e-mailing or calling.