Education >> Teacher Assistant Program
« back to courses page
Teacher Assistant classes are currently being offered online and will be offered as a hybrid course in the fall. Students will need to have internet access and be able to use Google Meet/Zoom video conferencing to take this class.
This program provides training for anyone interested in being employed as a full-time, part-time, or substitute teacher assistant. Topics are consistent with state standards and include: roles and responsibilities of the teacher assistant, human development, diversity, special education, basic rights, school health and safety, the instructional process, school laws, computer and technology skills, positive classroom climate, and team-building. A certificate recognized by RIDE is awarded upon successful completion of all classes, assignments, job shadowing, and the final exam.
1. Online registration is paid by credit card ONLY.
2. Cash, check or money order walk-in registrations will be accepted in our office locations. Please note that offices are currently closed.
3. Review the Teacher Assistant Program Requirements
4. Funding Available: VA Educational Benefit, WIOA Approved
5. Although this is a noncredit training program, one credit is transferable to CCRI's Human Services programs.
6. The RI Department of Education does not certify individual teacher assistants but sets minimum qualifications that school districts must follow in hiring TAs. Applicants should always check with the district(s) where they want to apply to learn about their specific employment requirements through RIDE Become a Teacher Assistant.
Please click on the course title to see the full course description.
If you have questions, please provide us with the course title and number when emailing or calling.
Office Contact Us